Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mortgage refinancing? No thanks, not interested.

I got a call this morning from some guy from a mortgage company that wanted to talk to my brother about my brother's house. The guy woke me up, so the first thing I am wondering is first - why the hell call ME?! and second - WTF? --- turns out, after I woke up some, that it is a cold call from the mortgage guys that go around seeking mortgages that they can buy out, promising to lower the person's mortgage but in fact it is more costly in the long run - because while you have low payments, you have more of them and the interest is compiling up behind those payments so that rather than paying down the principle you are paying interest each month. Bad bad bad bad situation to put yourself in. If you are thinking about refinancing, look closely at those promises of lower payments - you might be setting yourself up to never own your own home.

No comments: